Ramblings of a late 20-something

Monday, April 17, 2006

What Would It Be Like

What would it be like I asked you.
It would be bliss, ecstasy, like coming home.
It would be bagels on Sunday
It would be festivals and collaborations.
It would be me knocking on the door,
you answering, and us falling to the floor together.

It won't ever be as good as we think.
It never is, I say.
It could be, it is in my mind. But then,
everything with you is always that good in my mind.

What if we'd always been together?
Then would we have learned what we know now?
Would we really be different people?
I would have been there for you.
Through all of it.

Now I am here and you are there.
I am content and you are looking for the spark.
It's there-you'll find it. Find the spark for today, the spark for now.
Now is all we know anyway. Tomorrow is another story.

1 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyMac said...

I really don't know if I'm really turned on or in awe of some really fucking great, creative writing right now.

Impressed is an understatement.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home