Ramblings of a late 20-something

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It will get done or not get done...

My day to day life is rather mundane. Today for instance the most exciting thing that happened was that I got to be part of an hour long staff meeting via phone. It was not fun. However, I did make it to level 3 of Mah Jong Solitaire. (Which isn't saying much seeing as there are like a million levels) I'm sitting here now, at 8:30 with nothing much to do but type in my blog.
Here's the quote from my stupid quotes of the day calendar:
"There's no doubt it will get done ornot get done before the season starts." That was said by New York Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman. Don't ask me if he's still the manager because I really do not follow baseball that closely. Even though this made it in the stupid quotes calendar, I kind of use it as a mantra. Those things we think have to get done each day will either get done or not get done. Either way the day will move forward, night will come and things will start again the next day when we can either do the things we didn't get done, or not do them. Like so many of my blogs, it all comes back to choice.
We all have a choice to be organized or not; to procrastinate or not; to be miserable at a job or not (I for one love my job but get frustrated like everyone else.) We have a choice to get married or not; to get an education or not and even whether or not to get out of bed. It'll get done or it won't get done. I for one choose to work to meet the goal I set for myself each day, and sometimes beyond that. I choose to make dinner most nights and I choose to exercise most days. I choose to eat Oreos on occasion and even buy Baby Ruths from time to time. I choose to smoke only once in a blue moon and choose to drink...well, when it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
And somedays, when I am just brain-dead and can't work anymore, can't cook anymore, can't even think about exercise, I just remember, ". . . it will get done or it won't get done . . . " either way, life will move on and the world will not crumble.

1 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

I'm leaning more toward the "not get done" part today.

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home