Ramblings of a late 20-something

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mid-Week Blues

She sits staring vacantly at the blue sky outside. I should be out there doing something. I should go for a walk or sit by the pond. Really, I should be out there. She sips a beer and watches kids chase each other with paper cups filled with water. Man, to be that age again...no, no I was fat at that age. Huh. I can't really think of an age I'd prefer to be. Her brain is tired. All day she has written and researched and written some more. She has mediated, long-distance, the problems between co-workers. She is tired. She sips her beer again. Maybe I'll at least open the door so it seems like I'm outside. She forces her body to move, uncurls her legs from their lotus position in her computer chair, and walks into the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home