Ramblings of a late 20-something

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Where I Thought I'd Be















When I was growing up
I thought I'd be in New York City
I thought I'd be on Broadway
I thought I'd be famous

When I was in college
I thought I'd be back in my hometown
I thought I'd be a teacher
I thought I'd be there forever

When I moved to Florida
I thought we'd stay there a while
I thought we'd raise a family

When we moved to Texas
I thought maybe that was it
that Texas would be home
That we'd live in the Lone Star state

Since then I've stopped wondering
where I thought I'd be
I only think of where I am
And that I am happy

When January came I didn't think
of where I'd be come summer
I only thought of January
and the soft snow of Clifton Park

Now that I am here
In the "cold desert"
I don't think about the possibilities down the road
I only think about now and the heat
and the skyline of mountains surrounding me

There is peace here
and space
and freedom
and I won't think of where I thought I'd be
I will only think of happiness and serenity...for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

Ok, calling shenanigans on you here.

You'll think about it, and you know it.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home