Ramblings of a late 20-something

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Tides are Changing


It is amazing the turns one's life can take in the blink of an eye. A few weeks ago I was sitting here thinking how nice it was not to be moving again...to feel secure here in the upstate. Now I am trying desperately to remember when the movers are coming, when I'm flying to Atlanta, when I'm flying to Texas, and when I'm moving to Colorado. That's right. Last week the hubby and I set out on a 30-hour adventure across the midwest, through the plains of Nebraska, to Grand Junction, Colorado. What's in Grand Junction you ask? Not much. A new and awesome job for the hubby...the Colorado National Monument, Grand Mesa, 15 wineries (in the desert no less)...but otherwise, not much. Fortunately, the trip was painless and we flew home satisfied that, if nothing else, we at least have a house to go to when we get back out there. Now comes the hard part. Now I have to live out of a suitcase for several weeks...first in Texas for a conference and a wedding, then in good ole state of Georgia where i will see my mom for the first time since Thanksgiving and work at a conference, then in Grand Junction where I will anxiously await the arrival of all my worldly possessions...ahhhh the good life. Since this is our sixth move in 2 years, most people don't even write our address in their address books...they just stick a post-it note in there with the most recent one!

1 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyMac said...

Ah...the Southwest. I miss the SW. I lived in New Mexico for three years, you and the hubby should try Sante Fe. It's a pretty awesome town.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home